Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Strawberry-Lemon Meringue Pie: Take 3

With this post, battle SLM (incidentally, my grandmother's initials) Pie comes to a close.  My final foray in strawberry-lemon deliciousness is a ridiculously simple twist.  A classic lemon meringue pie with a layer of strawberries at the bottom.  I figured that something that tastes great can also be that simple, right?

Pie #3

I liked it.  Dave and I liked all of the pies, which tends to make these kinds of decisions harder, because there's no obvious stinker.  However, I feel confident in saying that my favorite was pie #1:


Like I mentioned previously, I just love the look of it!  The layers and the taste go together perfectly, and it's a great summer pie.  Very light and fruity.  So if you'd like to buy a deliciously-tasty strawberry-lemon meringue pie, drop me a line and I'll get to work! 

2 comments: