Wednesday, August 11, 2010

3 Happy Announcements

I am extremely happy to make the best 3 announcements I've been able to relay in a really long time.

1. I got the job!!  As of Wednesday July 25th, I will be a full-time bread baker at a bakery on the west side of Manhattan.  The pay grade for someone just starting out isn't great, and the hours aren't the best (4pm - Midnight), but honestly, I couldn't be happier.  My Mom isn't thrilled about me taking the train so late, but I hope she'll at least be sated by the fact that they didn't put me on from 8pm till 4am or Midnight to 8am.  Plus, Dave's already said he's buying me a bottle of pepper spray, and won't that make for a potentially hilarious Brooke-safety story when I accidentally deploy it on myself?

Also, funny story.  Do you remember me telling you about the guy working at the bakery I'm interning at that I nicknamed Tarrel (Darrel with a T)?  So, I'm standing at the work table, getting my ingredients ready to make some buttercream when I suddenly feel as though my apron has come untied.  I turn around to see Tarrel slowly untying my apron.  I hit him, laughing, and yelled, "Stop trying to undress me!"  To which he laughed and ran away yelling, "Untying someone's apron is like unhooking their bra, but in the kitchen world!"  Seriously, I work with children!  At least I managed to hit him before he got away.  It wasn't quite as intense as the "slap heard round the N train," but like I said, at least I got him - he runs away quick!


Re-enactment of the N train slap - wedding style!

2. I get to go to the URJ KUTZ Camp 45th Reunion this Friday and Saturday!  Not only will I get to run around KUTZ, but I'll also get to spend time with some of my favorite people, including one who's coming all the way from England!

3.  I finally get to go home!  Dave and I are finally going to be able to take a trip back to Buffalo, which will coincide with Yom Kippur as well as my 30th birthday.

I am an extremely lucky girl :)

5 comments:

  1. Ongoing YAYS! So proud of you, pumpkin! You deserve only the very best things. And we only deserve the very best baked goods ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always nice to make a blog cameo :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!! So, so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!!!! Bring home some delicious baked goods for all your friends. LOL :)

    ReplyDelete