Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Fondant Hand and Cake Practical Day 1

So I've come up with a new hobby/occupation induced malady - fondant hand.  What is fondant hand you ask?  It's like tennis elbow, but it happens when your hand cramps up after kneading fondant for too long.  It can also occur when the gloves you're wearing (while kneading fondant) get a hole in them, leaving your hand covered in black food coloring, which you don't notice until much later.  *Sigh*  When I have my own bakery, I'll have people to knead the fondant for me, and I'll be able to buy it pre-colored to start off with.  Down with fondant hand!!

So today was day 1 of our 2 day cake practical.  I got a lot of good requests for honorary birthday cake status, but I could only pick one person, and that person is

*drumroll*

Becky Marinoff!

Becky sent me a very convincing 4-point e-mail detailing why she should get a fake birthday cake made for her.  Her e-mail is as follows:

In 3 months (thats 30 days x 3) I am turning 30 so I definitely think I should have the fake birthday cake made in my honor!

Reason #1:This is a big birthday for me, and everyone else having a birthday soon is not turning 30 (except Joel and you'd much rather make a cake for me than for Joel)

Reason #2: I have fun interests and this can all be expressed in cake

Reason #3: I have been all kinds of stressed out lately and this would be a pick me up

Reason #4: Isn't 3 reasons enough?
 
Love,
 
Becky
 
Enough indeed!  I came up with, what I think, is a very fun idea for Becky's early 30th birthday cake - pictures to follow.  Becky, unfortunately I have to go straight to work after class on Tuesday, but if you can wait till Wednesday, I will hand deliver the cake to you after class.

Have a great day everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment